Looking for a recipe to make ornaments for the holidays?
We found the best one and you only need everyday kitchen ingredients to do it!
What you will need!
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1.1/4 cup water
- Cookie cutters/stamps
- Straw for the holes
- Ribbons for hanging ornaments
What to do
- Mix the baking soda and cornstarch in a pan. Add the water and mix. Place on stove (medium heat) and bring to a boil stirring constantly throughout.
- In few minutes, the watery mixture will thicken and suddenly become almost like mashed potatoes. Straight away remove from the heat and place mixture onto a cookie sheet in one lump. Cover with a damp cloth and leave to cool.
- Once it is cool enough to work with, lightly dust the surface with cornstarch and roll it out into a snake roll. Divide it into smaller chunks. It will have the smooth consistency of fondant.
- Stamp it with stamps (with or without ink) and then cut it with the cookie cutter, finishing it off with a hole using the straw.
- Leave it to air dry overnight.