The British EYFS Curriculum
We follow the British Curriculum by delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework®. The EYFS framework is a child centred curriculum. It approaches early years learning as a holistic, integrated focus on children's creative expression, physical and communication skills as well as emotional and social development. Learning is carefully structured yet allows for exploratory, child-initiated experiences.
The British Curriculum defines its provision for Pre-school education through the EYFS framework which sets and specifies standards and objectives of learning and development for pre-school children.
The four themes of the EYFS are:
- A unique child
- Positive relationships
- Enabling environments
- Learning and development
The EYFS curriculum is organised around the seven areas of learning:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication, Language
- Problem Solving, Reasoning and Numeracy
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Physical Development
- Creative Development Art and Design
Want to learn more about EYFS and your child's education?
Here is the official "Parent's Guide 4 Children".
Our Affiliations with Schools
Kid's Island and Cocoon Nursery are affiliated with reputable schools in Dubai to provide priority placement to our children. Affiliation with these schools is based on a mutual recognition of high standards of education and quality of service. These schools have recognised that the children from our nurseries are ready socially and emotionally to transition into primary school.
The schools listed have been chosen because of their diversity and quality of education opportunities.
When your child's time comes to transition into primary school, we will be here to guide you in making meaningful choices among the many schools in Dubai. Our well established quality of service means that children can go anywhere and be ready!
Pre-School Learning Alliance Certified
By achieving the 'Reflecting on Quality' accreditation, Kid's Island and Cocoon Nursery Schools demonstrate to parents, professionals and the wider community that the service and practice offered is of a consistently high standard and adheres to the values and requirements of the EYFS as monitored and certified by the Pre-School Learning Alliance of the UK.
We observe the Alliance's core principles and beliefs that:
- Parents are children's most important teachers and as such, practitioners should aim to work with them.
- Children learn through play and by becoming involved in activities.
- Learning occurs and improves within a social context and thus the Nursery environment is a wider learning community for children and families.
The scheme supports:
- Involvement of parents and children in the quality improvement process.
- The Practitioner's on-going, active work.
- Communication that encourages practitioners to share new learning about effective practice.
Our Schools support the "observe, reflect, improve, and review" process, which involves the following aspects of continuous quality improvement.